Re: [ARSCLIST] Record Business vs. Music Business: The Shakeout Continues.

An interesting little observation,that is somewhat related to the original topic of this thread.I went by what was once upon a time,my favorite "record" store.I hadn't set foot in the store in over a decade.At one time,I found such treasures as an original "Distortions" by The Litter for $6.00 (One of my most expensive records.) and a "Blue Moon" Lp by The Marcels,on the second gold label,for $3.00.They used to buy stuff for me,when records would come in,that I wanted,but they weren't interested in them, and sellthem to me dirt cheap.MoFi Lps,rare obscure 70s stuff,that only I had heard of,or oddball foriegn pressings  that they wouldn't want,because thy had used regular issues of.I always had a soft spot for this store,but lost interest,as they were getting less and less vinyl.I was in the area,and I noticed their sign had changed,and I decided to go in and nose around,and see what they had,based on what I had read here.I was a bit taken aback,to see the store had
 relatively few music CDs,new or used.The stock was mostly used DVDs.I would say this was roughly 75% of what was in the store.I was wondering if anybody else has seen this shift in stores from music to video,I would imagine it's fairly common.

                                    Roger