Re: [ARSCLIST] Birgit Nilsson records a cylinder

Paul Charosh wrote:
In a message dated 5/11/07 5:48:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mrichter@xxxxxxx writes:

To support a response to an article in a sort of e-zine, I have reposted at
http://www.operas-are.us/
a page of my WWW site of some years ago. In 1966, the great dramatic soprano Birgit Nilsson recorded a portion of an aria on an Edison cylinder machine of about 1895;

It's a bit later than that. It's an ordinary Edison two-minute Home (ca. 1903? I don't know much about machines) with a four-minute attachment. It takes a model "C" reproducer for two-minute cylinders and an "H" (I think) for four-minute cylindners.

Paul Charosh

Thanks for that; I'll correct the page to something like "the early 1900s."

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/