Re: [ARSCLIST] ARSC Conference report: Day 1

Only to Californians is the weather considered chilly. :-) I haven't needed a jacket since arriving....

Jim

________________________________

From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List on behalf of Cary Ginell
Sent: Fri 5/4/2007 12:38 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ARSCLIST] ARSC Conference report: Day 1

The weather was chilly with light winds blowing, but most of us stayed in the hotel for most of the day. There was too much to do and see! The silent auction is in full swing, with a few 78s but mostly enticing books on display. Kudos to Kurt Nauck, Barry Stapleton, and Ed Ward and the Ward Irish Music Archive for really showing us how to put on a conference! Wish everybody was here. I'm sure there will be other reports trickling in over the next week or so, but those were my two cents.

Cary Ginell
Origin Jazz Library
www.originjazz.com