Re: [ARSCLIST] SACD fans -- some discounts

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Olhsson" <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Piracy is far from the only or even the biggest problem professional music
> faces today but make no mistake about the fact that it has cost at least a
> generation of youngsters any opportunity to have a career creating and
> performing music. They and the music fans are the real losers.

This, of course, depends on one's definition of "music!"

The same young people who are acquiring their copies of "hits" via
downloading (both legal and illegal) are, in many cases, creating "dub
plates" or mixes using both existing recordings (sampled) and digital
sound. They, of course, would define their efforts, as well as current
rap/hip-hop/urban-dance hits, as "music!" I tend to suspect that we
wouldn't...!