Re: [ARSCLIST] SACD fans -- some discounts.... A hypothesy

Could it be that the world is simply tiring form audio only simulation?

I mean really, not that I hope this is the case, but really, cars
equipped with DVD players, VIDEO iPod, elevators  and taxi's with
"moving image billboards" and news feeds. I'm not talking about a
distant George Jetson future, I'm talking about present day, average joe
culture.

Not to mention that our kids playing video game simulations that rival
what the government uses for training military personnel.

I love Audio, as I'm sure most of us do here, but Audio's realist place
in today's culture may be other than where WE all hope it to be, or what
it once was.

The same could be said for linear moving image, as more interactive
technology emerges from the internet and video game markets, what will
the become of TV?

Sad but true???

Don Andes
EMI Music