Re: [ARSCLIST] MP3 player for public

...it positively saps the battery as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Phillips
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 1:40 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] MP3 player for public

My Ipod 30gb unit has no trouble with 44.1/16 wav files at all, although
at times it becomes clear that because of the file size it strains the
disk access time if you rapidly step between songs manually. Mp3 files
at any sample rate I've tried are also handled seamlessly. Now, I happen
to hate itunes as clunky and blotted.... But then that is just my
personal opinion.