Re: [ARSCLIST] commerical reels history (was Boston Pops question) now a Kate Smith question

Thank You for that !  From the time I first heard her performance , I
had always hoped for more that didn't make it to the LP. It must have
been a wonderfull night. It' still one of my favorite recordings.
You can't beat having the real thing for ambience.
Do you have any interesting anecdotes ? What mics, mixers and tape
machines did you use ? How was the control room set up in Carnegie Hall
at that time ? Do you remember the location and room number ?
Is there any chance a cd reissue of her performance taken from the tape
might be forthcoming ?

Thanks !

Bob Hodge

>>> J.HALL11@xxxxxxxxxxx 4/9/2007 8:41 PM >>>
Re Kate. The missing parts were er's and ah's. Also very loud sibs and
very
loud inhaling. I had to do his on most vocal recordings. But I replaced
the
cuts with new tape recorded in the same room or house. Would ask
everybody
to be quiet for 30 sec. and saved it in same box as master. This would
be
easier and faster in digital. Fortunately we had the advantage of not
having
digital.