Re: [ARSCLIST] Slides and inconvenient media (was spin it again)

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Breneman" <david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx>
> I can't help but think that at some point there's going to
> be a backlash, or pendulum swing, or epiphany, or whatever
> you want to call it, that will drive people back to high
> fidelity audio and video.  It's the "you are there" aspect
> of formats like 6x6 and stereo slides that drives my inderest
> in those media.  Maybe it will take a digital version of Imax
> with an increased frame rate to get the fluidity of movement
> of video combined with the picture quality if film to get
> people back, or something else, but I can't see how after
> a century-long quest for ever-greater realism, the whole
> endeavor going to be forsaken for crummy web audio and video.

Keep in mind that most of the folks we think of as "current" are
still in their teens or low twenties...and, just as we did and
our offspring (their parents) did, they will eventually become
adults and then "old f...ogeys!"

There may be a nostalgia-driven "hip-hop revival" (in which sixty-
something ex-youth pay large prices to see sixty-something rap
artists...at least the ones who weren't shot...)...but they may
discover "taste" as well, as they age...?!

The big question will be, of course, how much of their hearing
has survived today's kilowatt-output sound systems...