Re: [ARSCLIST] Slides and inconvenient media

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Tom Fine described the virtues of PowerPoint, and it is a fabulously simple
tool to work with. However, to someone taking extensive notes during
presentations, there is one thing missing from almost all presentations,
including my own: a sound to indicate that a new image is on the screen. With
overhead projectors, there was the ruffling of transparencies to advertise
that. With carousel slides (in the hall) there was the sound of the changing
mechanism. In PowerPoint, a line of text my be all the difference there is
between one screen and the next, but it means that the information is no
longer there when you want to write it down.

To save that sort of aggravation I would like to let people know when a
revised image is on the screen. I have had no real success finding the
information on the help menu, so I ask bluntly: do you know off-hand how to
make a sound to indicate that the image changes?

A man in need, thanks beforehand,

all the best,

George