Re: [ARSCLIST] Music Library record label

This is a later use of that name? There was such a label in the early LP days as well.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Miller" <karl.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:12 AM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Music Library record label

A friend of mine was asking about the Music Library label and if I had any information about it. I have a few discs and recall that Dave Canfield bought up what was left, including the wonderful Phalen Tassie records. I have a vague recollection that the label was based in California. I know the composer Robert Muczynski had some of his music released on the label. Bob and I taught together for a time at the University of Arizona. It was Bob who introduced me to the delights of the singing of Phalen Tassie!

Any related information would be welcome.

Thanks.

Karl