Re: [ARSCLIST] Public's rights....was offlist archival question from ARSC list member

George Brock-Nannestad <pattac@xxxxxxxx> wrote:    ----- Just as if a wealthy person had bought
a painting but put it in his private vault.

  I have also wondered about this as well. Also, the owner of the art work has the right to destroy it if he or she chooses to do.

  Governments can keep buildings from being destroyed...In the US they can be marked as being a bit of history that needs to remain in the public trust. I wonder then what might be the basis, from the perspective of the law,  that supports such action...and why we do not carry those notions to other forms of human expression...or do we?

  Karl