To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Curious--was: well, this might <snip>

As the Director of Archives I oversee the collection, cataloging, and storage of all Creative assets (Audio/Video/Film/Photo/Artwork) for EMI in the US. I don't deal with any legal, accounting, or contractual paperwork as that is stored in paper vaults under someone else's careful watch.

I do have metal parts, 16" transcription discs, 78's LP's, ect. as well
as analog tape, digital tape, cd's, dvd's, and most other media storage
formats. I also keep session notes, recording logs, release books, etc.

If it came out in the US with EMI/Capitol/Virgin/Blue Note (or any other
subsidiary label) then technically I should have the masters and 2
copies of the finished product.

The job keeps me pretty busy, which is why I lurk more then I post in
this forum.

Don Andes
Director of Archives
EMI Music

P.S. I don't do the suing.....Legal Affairs gets that job.