Re: [ARSCLIST] well, this might explain why so many sonic treasures languish in government warehouses

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Miller" <karl.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>   My take is that there are some perceptions on the parts of governing boards
which have produced inflated budgets and have forced some organizations in the
non-profit world, to lose site of the reason they were established. For me, it
has created some "business" models in the non-profit world that I find to be
outrageous.

One possibility is that the world of "high culture" (i.e. symphonies, art
galleries, museums and the like, as opposed to TV programs, NASCAR races
and "wrestling"...) the participants are most likely to be from the upper
financial as well as social class...and these are the people whose lives
are based on profit and "business models!"

If one spends all day planning high-profit mergers and acquisitions, one
doesn't suddenly turn off that thinking after work...