Re: [ARSCLIST] well, this might explain why so many sonic treasures languish in government warehouses

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> This guy is allegedly a "public servant." He should be fired and the office
put under very strict
> oversight, with the executive budget cut to the bone. Someone wanting to get
rich and live like a
> CEO doesn't belong in charge of the Smithsonian, or the LOC or any other
government institution.

Correction...this guy is a fundamental orifice of the first class!

While I don't really expect upper-level civil(?) servants to make do on the same
pay as their subordinates (might be a good idea, though...?!)...I also don't
expect
them to turn to athletes and corporate CEO's to establish their reimbursement!

Thoughts:

1) Reasons are, sadly, quite explicable. There exists in Homo Sapiens a
"dominance hierarchy"...and in the course of getting rid of settling status by
individual combat, we/they have replaced it with "I got a bigger number
than you do...nyah-nyah-na-na-nyah-nyah! (Of course, this is at least more
polite than asking executives to whip out and compare "the distinguishing
marks of their sex"...)

2) The Smithsonian never even tried to recruit me for the position; I might
have done it for minimum wage + free food & beer...!

3) Welcome to the XXI Jahrhundert...

4) "Greed is GOOD"--Gordon Gecko

5) usw.