From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob Olhsson
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 11:11 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] well, this might explain why so many sonic
treasures languish in government warehouses

Tom Fine wrote:
>...someone expecting CEO style compensation should go work as a CEO in
>the private sector.

Unfortunately many institutions are severely underfunded so the main job
of a director becomes raising money. The people who are really good at
this frequently work for the highest bidder. I'm not saying there aren't
gross abuses however these kinds of figures taken outside the context of
fund raising can be deceiving.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
Mastering, Audio for Picture, Mix Evaluation and Quality Control Over 40