Re: [ARSCLIST] Unique piece of phonographic/TV history.

Not yet.I have been waiting to see who I hear from,and I have not heard anything concrete  from anybody.Who specifically do I contact there ?

                                      Roger

----- Original Message ----
From: Jeanette Berard <JBERARD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:16:59 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Unique piece of phonographic/TV history.

The American Radio Archives would be interested in this material, if it
has not already found a home.

Jeanette Berard, MLS, CA
Special Collections Librarian
Thousand Oaks Library System
(805) 449-2660 xt228
jberard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx 02/16/07 10:17PM >>>
There is a guy who comes to sell at the flea market I frequent.He
travels all over a four state area,buying stuff from storage vaults,and
estate leftovers.I only got records from him once,and then some choice
Calypso,and early 60s R&B Lps,but I usually get nice antiques
cheaply,that I make decent money on eBay with.One day last summer,he had
a pile of old photos.What these were,were in-house promotional,or
documentary photos,from Zenith (mostly),and GE.He kept telling me he had
more,but now says he doesn't know where they are.I recently put one of
these up on eBay,that was from March,1946,and was taken to document the
first international sale of Zenith Transoceanic radios.I was very
disappointed with what it brought.

Now,from the same lot,I have a group of three photos,from the same
period, which were taken on the set of what is either the first,or one
of the earliest television commercials,for Zenith phonographs.They have
a little girl,playing a (classical) 78 on a Zenith console
phonograph,surrounded by displays of  classical 78 albums (All
Columbia,of course.)One photo is a panoramic view of the studio,which
shows the studio,one of the TV cameras,a boom mike,and the child's
mother (off camera).This is definitely from the 40s.The question is,is
there anybody who wants them ? I am not sure if I could sell them
easily,or get mu
.

                                      Roger

Need Mail bonding?