Re: [ARSCLIST] DAT Archival Housing

Bob Olhsson wrote:
David Lennick writes:
Ya know..I've had minimal DAT failure in the 15 years I've been using them. Machines come and go, but DAT tapes I recorded way back when, even at 32k ("archive speed"), still play just fine.

My old DAT tapes play fine too. The problem is that the transports are no longer made and were never repairable. Tape quality also took a nosedive around 8 years ago.

I haven't found that..but as I mentioned elsewhere in my message, I don't buy "DAT" tape (most of the name brands had lots of problems..I found HHB to be one of the worst). I use DDS tapes, which I believe are manufactured to tighter specs. Sony, Maxell, 3M (don't think I've seen any 3M for a while actually) and I buy from American Digital
http://www.american-digital.com/prodsite/category.asp?c=159

..dl