[ARSCLIST] Unique piece of phonographic/TV history.

There is a guy who comes to sell at the flea market I frequent.He travels all over a four state area,buying stuff from storage vaults,and estate leftovers.I only got records from him once,and then some choice Calypso,and early 60s R&B Lps,but I usually get nice antiques cheaply,that I make decent money on eBay with.One day last summer,he had a pile of old photos.What these were,were in-house promotional,or documentary photos,from Zenith (mostly),and GE.He kept telling me he had more,but now says he doesn't know where they are.I recently put one of these up on eBay,that was from March,1946,and was taken to document the first international sale of Zenith Transoceanic radios.I was very disappointed with what it brought.

Now,from the same lot,I have a group of three photos,from the same period, which were taken on the set of what is either the first,or one of the earliest television commercials,for Zenith phonographs.They have a little girl,playing a (classical) 78 on a Zenith console phonograph,surrounded by displays of  classical 78 albums (All Columbia,of course.)One photo is a panoramic view of the studio,which shows the studio,one of the TV cameras,a boom mike,and the child's mother (off camera).This is definitely from the 40s.The question is,is there anybody who wants them ? I am not sure if I could sell them easily,or get much for them if I did.

                                      Roger

Need Mail bonding?