Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Willem van Hoogstraten

The New York Times online index offers about 700 citations on Hoogstraten. I just looked at a few of them. One can  find favorable reviews, one concert with Morini doing the Brahms...another review with pianist "William Bachaus"-wonder where they got that spelling...another with Stojowski playing his own piano concerto...Medtner playing a Beethoven Concerto...also an article on Elly Ney's second marriage and a few articles about the broadcasts!

  Karl

Peter Hirsch <punto@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Steve,

Have you contacted Barbara Haws, the NY Phil's archivist about this? She may
have clippings on Hoogstraten's activities that could go beyond just what was
programmed while he was affiliated.

Apologies if anyone else has already suggested this; my receipt of this list's
messages seems to be decidedly non-sequential.

Just a guess,

Peter

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 05:06:42 -0500, Steven Smolian wrote
> That he had conducting gigs with various orchestras is clear. That
> he recorded with them is another matter.
>
> No one has yet come up with a knowledgeable response to my inquiries
> about his nazi affiliatians.
>
> Steve Smolian

Peter Hirsch
punto@xxxxxxxx