Re: [ARSCLIST] Storing 16" transcription discs

Hi Marcos,

The shield pack sleeves were meant to be unsealed at the top, trimmed,
and resealed once the disc had been accessed , so I'd just trim them on
a paper cutter to fit whatever size box you'd like to use.

Bob Hodge

Robert Hodge,
Senior Engineer
Belfer Audio Archive
Syracuse University
222 Waverly Ave .
Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010

315-443- 7971
FAX-315-443-4866

>>> mls2137@xxxxxxxxxxxx 2/14/2007 2:31 PM >>>
Thank you for all your comments. From the description on the web site,

the sleeves I have encountered look a lot like these:
http://www.conservationresources.com/Main/section_6/section6_07.htm

So I assume these are at least similar to the shield-packs. None of
them
are sealed, and, again, the records appear to be in mostly good shape.

However, I do not see archival boxes that are big enough to vertically

hold the discs in these sleeves (with their broader seams), which I
assume is the way to go. How are institutions that use the shield-packs

storing their discs?

Thanks again

Marcos