Re: [ARSCLIST] LP storage for box sets

Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I've seen black ones as well. And they must have made them for libraries and
schools, but as I say, the same type boxes were being used for Laserdisc sets
as recently as 10 years ago.

Hey, the Scherchen Handel set was near mint and cost me fifty cents a few
months ago.

Second-best choice might be to frequent thrift stores, looking for
the Readers' Digest (et al) box sets that show up every time someone
cleans house...

Steven C. Barr

Matter of fact I picked up a few of those yesterday, along with about a hundred of the cruddiest 78s you've ever seen. Landfill, I called them, as I promised to take them to the next CAPS auction (where they'll be a donation). The Readers Digest sets are still too big, but the Longines boxes might do.

What a waste..!

dl