Re: [ARSCLIST] "20 something classical vinyl collectors" [was Re: [ARSCLIST] Szell on MAR Was:Bernstein info needed]

On 05/02/07, phillip holmes wrote:
> Uh-oh.  China has more engineers and now they have more musicians and
> concert halls.  We have a musician gap!  Sounds like a problem for a
> cold warrior.

Sounds like a big opportunity for European-trained piano teachers.

How many pianos are there in use in the EU? In the US? I guess there are
millions learning the piano (or at least some kind of keyboard) in those
regions, too.

> Don Cox wrote:
>>
>> "The Gramophone" magazine reports a massive interest in classical
>> music
>> in China, with millions learning to play the piano and many concert
>> halls under construction.

Regards
--
Don Cox