Re: [ARSCLIST] Ellington, wasRe: [ARSCLIST] Harry Carney

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Check out "Ellington Jazz Party", one of his most underrated albums (for
> Columbia, February 1959). Guests Dizzy Gillespie, Jimmy Rushing and Jimmy
Jones.

Well, I have a LOT of Ellington 78's...mainly 1927-35 (none of the early
rarities) but also quite a number of the pre-WWII issues (mostly Victor)
and the Musicraft album (where I discovered "Night Train" OUGHT to be
titled "Happy-Go-Lucky Local"...!).

One LP I can recommend (I no longer own a copy) is his collaboration...
I think on Reprise...with Sinatra. IIRC, the title was "Francis Albert
Sinatra Meets Edward Kennedy Ellington"...