Re: [ARSCLIST] Smolian's name under the label

That is indeed the case, but since some of the letters are backwards, it looks as if this is right in the master (or probably the mother). Steve?

dl

joe@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I would suspect that Smolian was the transfer engineer for that record. Why the name was scratched in I don't know, unless the original owner wanted to know who engineered projects in his collection.

Joe Salerno
713-6688650
Industrial Video Services
http://joe.salerno.com

David Lennick wrote:
Can anyone..including Steve..explain why the copy I just picked up of Arthur Loesser playing Brahms Sonatas on Perennial 2005 has the word "SMOLIAN" scratched into the label of Side 2 or possibly right into the lacquer, with the S and N backwards? Did DBH engrave the name into the master or is this just on this particular copy (which might have come from Don Hodgman)?

Inquiring minds etc. etc.!

dl