Re: [ARSCLIST] Bernstein info needed

David,

There were a lot of conductors who everybody hated to work with,and not many people liked as a person,but were greatly admired,Fritz Reiner pops to mind. While Lenny was never as admired as Reiner,There are certain records of his that have been  creeping up in price of late.The MAS records,the early Hi-Fi Stereo

BTW,I also have a George Szell MAS Lp of two Mozart Symphonies,also credited as "The Music Appreciation Symphony Orchestra",which I have not been able to find in any discography.

                                     Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Bernstein did a few analyses for MAR..I thought the one he did on Tchaikovsky's
6th was excellent when I first heard it back in 1962 (and when I still had a
modicum of respect for Lenny, when he still had talent and we didn't know what
a shit he was).

dl

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
> Sorry,can't help you there.It wasn't until I spent some time over at
> http://www.leonardbernstein.com/ ,that I realized the Music Appreciation Society record,was indeed a reissue.I have over 100 of these pre-stereo US Deccas,but I have never seen this one.The MAS issue,which dates from 1957,itself not that easy a find,is well worth picking up.The analysis record,usually throwaway junk,is by Bernstein himself at the piano.As far as I know,this is otherwise unissued.It may be a little bonus he recorded for Columbia,as they were wont to do in the 6-eye mono era,but decided not to release.They credit it,as Leonard Bernstein and The  Music Appreciation Symphony Orchestra,BTW.It was also pressed on better vinyl,than Decca used at the time.
>
>                                     Roger Kulp
>

> David Lennick  wrote: If anyone has a copy of Decca DL 9715, or even a reference to it, could you
> please let me know the matrix numbers? Ruppli doesn't list anything for Decca
> classical LPs and I have the disc only on a Music Appreciation reissue. It's
> Schumann's Symphony #2 in C, Leonard Bernstein & the Stadium Concerts Orchestra
> (New York Philharmonic).
>
> Thanks!
>
> dl
>

> "If you're not on somebody's watchlist,you're not doing your job"
>
>                           Dave Von Kleist

> Need Mail bonding?

"If you're not on somebody's watchlist,you're not doing your job"

                          Dave Von Kleist

It's here! Your new message!