Re: [ARSCLIST] 78 prices

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Roger Kulp wrote

> ...........................................,I came across this site,which sells
> mostly operatic records of the acoustic era.
>
> http://www.rare78s.com/browse_mark3.php
>
> Prices are in Pounds,and represent the high end of what the stuff can go for
> on eBay in a good day.£1.00=$1.95.The only thing like this I sold recently
> was some  vg+ New York-Milano Fonotipa that went for fifty bucks.Prepare to
> be shocked,if you don't think this stuff can bring much money.

----- I am most shocked by the way the records are priced. The interesting
items are invariably given very low prices - and obviously already sold
(_mark2.php is a different page that gives "in stock" and "sold"). It is sad,
with the love and effort that has obviously gone into the making of this
list. But if you cannot read Gothic and get "Aeolian Noration" out of
"Aeolian Vocalion" and insist on using the HMV Singe-Sided numbers and call
them catalogue numbers, we must wonder what generation after generation of
collectors have contributed to today's market. This looks as if Nathan has
started from scratch. The color rendition of in particular the reds (and
mauve) is not correct.

Kind regards,

George