Re: [ARSCLIST] Edison factory fire ^

In the broader sense, yes, that was Edwin Black's topic when I saw him speak; on the other hand, all of the other nefarious topics I'm already pursuing in books have kept me from getting to this in detail. I have read former DOJ prosecutor John Loftus' Secret War Against The Jews, which also has a lot of interesting info about 20th century politics, American-German- Soviet relations, oil & finance & more.

  I pretty much stopped reading fiction about the time 41 was selected, as I felt it was my civic duty to concentrate on non-fiction - unfortunately, most non-fiction I read these days would probably be discounted as too fantastic by those who primarily read fiction. Only those who go to libraries have a clue, as best as I can tell - and, (as you know, I'm sure), not many do, hence the current situation.

  Gene

Roger and Allison Kulp <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Are you aware of the major role BP played in the carving of Iraq out of Mesopotamia,and The Ottoman Empire after WWI ?

Roger

eugene hayhoe wrote: The writer must be Edwin Black - saw him speak here in town (Lansing, MI) a few years back on his book about the history between the oil industry and Iraq - don't recall the name of that book (& didn't know about this new book prior to this post), but the IBM one I consider very credible, based on related things I've read on the topic. His presentation on the Iraq book seemed very credible as well, and one of the highlights was his tale of how, over a period of years, BP got the concessions/rights to much of the oil in Iraq at no cost to them at all, taking advantage of local politics, the legal system and pure force - the style we've come to recognize as 21st century Americanism (also known as officially sanctioned theft).

Gene

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
Edison and his electric car.
http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/223/electric-car-timeline.html
http://www.ieee-virtual-museum.org/collection/tech.php?id=2345874&lid=1

You don't mess with big oil,be it John D. Rockerfeller,or Halliburton.They run the country,in more ways than one,the same way that mafia dons used to run things. I'm surprised Edison didn't turn up dead,because of this.

Roger Kulp

Steven Smolian wrote: A new book, "Internal Combustion" strongly implies that the 1914 Edison factory fire was deliberately set, probably by the pertolium interests, as Ford and Edison were on the verge (and had alread announced) a battery-operated electric car and national recharging system. This is from the intro- I'm just getting into the book proper. I don't recall the author's name (the book is in my car) but he also wrote "IBM and the Holocaust."

Steve Smolian

The fish are biting.

"If you're not on somebody's watchlist,you're not doing your job"

Dave Von Kleist

Finding fabulous fares is fun.