[ARSCLIST] help in fair pricing of reel to reel machines

I need some advice on what a fair offer would be on an Otari MTR-10. Besides that deck, there are two of the Sony APR5000, MCI, Studer A807, Ampex 440 and 35?, and more. The guy wants to sell all of it to me. I'm thinking I'd like the Otari or the Sony (or both) for myself and maybe sell the others on eBay. I've sold quite a few consumer decks and usually give $50-100 for those (and double my money once the dust clears from replaced pinch rollers and belts), but these pro decks are a different thing entirely. I'd like to know what a fair offer would be on the MTR-10. My "Audio Blue Book" really only lists consumer stuff and it's hard to find closed auctions on these. When I look at what the machines cost new, it brings tears to my eyes. They're just gathering dust and getting old now, considered junk by most. And another thing. Have any of you guys sent a tape deck by FedEx freight with any luck?
Phillip
OH, I bought two Technics SP10mkii, with Audio-Technica AT1500 tonearms, for $400. He thought I was being generous. I thought he would laugh at the offer.