Re: [ARSCLIST] Adhesive tape survey

David Breneman wrote:
--- Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Of course, the long-standing tradition in stereo equipment has been
red=right and white, gray, black or whatever non-red color = left.

Yeah, and I wonder when this tradition came into play. I had always used Red=Left and Green=Right to identify tracks, and wired things with Red=Left since that's how the running lights on a boat are displayed. I was caught by surprise years ago when manufacturers started color coding their jacks to Red=Right! Of course, the red bouys are kept to your right when you're coming into port...

Interesting! I thought it made sense to mark them politically, so red = left. Worked fine till I bought an amp where the patch cords were hard-wired.

dl