Re: [ARSCLIST] Period Records

Steven Smolian wrote:
Can anyone supply the names of the original owners of the Period 1950's label family? Ben and Ellen Lebow, now deceased, wrote notes and did translations for them and Ben put the Scala LPs together for them from his extensive 78 collection. I assume they had an interest in it. I'm sure there was am executive who owned and ran the company but can't recall his name.

The company subsequently became part of the Everest group.

Perhaps Peter Bartok or Pete Frisch (Lyrichord and Eterna) might remember. Has anyone contact info for them?

Steve Smolian

Steven Smolian wrote:
> Can anyone supply the names of the original owners of the Period 1950's label family? Ben and Ellen Lebow, now deceased, wrote notes and did translations for them and Ben put the Scala LPs together for them from his extensive 78 collection. I assume they had an interest in it. I'm sure there was am executive who owned and ran the company but can't recall his name.
> The company subsequently became part of the Everest group.
>
> Perhaps Peter Bartok or Pete Frisch (Lyrichord and Eterna) might remember. Has anyone contact info for them?
>
> Steve Smolian

According to Gart (ARLD), the President was William Avar, Frank Stevens was "executive", Leonard Feather was A&R (presume that was just for jazz). Robert Angus will probably chime in with chapter and verse, since he knows where the bodies were buried at every New York label in the 50s.

Peter Bartok is still around, in Florida..has ads in CRC.

dl