Re: [ARSCLIST] Soundcard/iTunes phollies

Make that hydrogenaudio.*ORG*!

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave Nolan
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 10:34 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Soundcard/iTunes phollies

Eric -

Just wondering where you might have heard these "anecdotes" about WMP vs.
iTunes?

Is there any good resource/online discussion about different MP3 encoding
techniques / players / etc... that you've found to have a good "signal-to-
noise ratio"?

I've done minimal testing comparison of encoders for Mac, and am currently
using Peak with LameLib (much better results @ 128kbps stereo on my intel
Mac than iTunes)...

dave nolan
92nd St. Y