Re: [ARSCLIST] Microcassettes

Slight modification, please.

I would not use batteries if at all possible because as they start to
discharge, the motor speed could become erratic.

Radio Shack  sells a very fine small light duty regulated power supply,
part number 273-1662, with various connectors and polarities to suit
anything that could be encountered in the way of DC output.

Very usefull !

Best !

Bob Hodge

Robert Hodge,
Senior Engineer
Belfer Audio Archive
Syracuse University
222 Waverly Ave .
Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010

315-443- 7971
FAX-315-443-4866

>>> tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 1/11/2007 6:42 PM >>>
Minicassette came before microcassette. I have my dad's old
Norelco/Philips minicassette recorder,
and I believe they invented the format. Was the microcassette format
from Japan or from Philips? And
why did Olympus get so involved in it?

BTW, following up on my earlier post, the only brand of microcassette
recorders I ever knew were
troublesome were -- of course -- Sony. I've used Olympus, Panasonic and
Sanyo machines and never had
a problem. We had a Sanyo transcriber machine at work but it died long
ago.

Oh, one more tip for Brenda -- make sure to use fresh batteries or the
AC adapter. I find that
portable tape machines become prone to eating tapes when low on
current. Cassettes, and
Microcassettes.

-- Tom Fine