From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom Fine
Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2007 7:37 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] square waves....Re: [ARSCLIST] Libraries
disposing of records

One thing to note about imported reissues -- they might not be made from
anything close to the master tape. As discussed numerous times on this
list, copyright laws are different outside the US and the master tape
may be somewhere else, missing or otherwise not used. I've bought some
CD's from Asia (Japan and Korea) that were obviously dubbed from
(scratchy) LP records!

-- Tom Fine