Re: [ARSCLIST] Libraries disposing of records

That's what eBay is for.I am probably one of the few Americans who will list things,on eBay sites,in both the US,and Europe,and sells in both dollars,and Euros.(Paypal automatically converts it for you anyway,for free.)For the most part,I list my classical on eBay Germany.Every Red Seal,or Masterworks 78 set I have put up has sold,and I collect these records myself.I haven't sold any of the rarer titles,as I don't have dupes,but the ones I put up have gone as high as 60 Euros.I have seen better Victor Scroll sets,and blue shellac Columbia sets,go over 200 Euros.Opera still doesn't sell at all for me,unless it's somebody rare,and obscure.There was a time, (2001-3),when I was buying pre-WWII German classical 78s,and rare 50s Lps,for my own collection,at 1-3 Euros a pop,but no more.That's because Europeans are more astute, better educated,and have better taste,than most Americans.They got more money now too.

                                   Roger Kulp

Bernd Wichert <b_wichert@xxxxxx> wrote: ...why don't you ship all the 78rpms to Europe (and I speak for Germany) and
you can make a fortune- instead of discarding them ! ! !