Re: [ARSCLIST] Archival media?

The histories of the optical media types you reference areis far too short
to reach any conclusions regarding their archival capabilities. Generally it
is best to avoid leading edge products that often encounter quality issues
early in their life cycle. Also, the manufacturer is often more important
than the media type. This can only be confirmed by testing, not by
generalizations.

Some longevity issues have been reported for flash memory, but these are
often related to multiple overwrites. I am unaware of any reports on
write-once longevity.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.
www.mscience.com