Re: [ARSCLIST] laserdisc

I need to Google these things more often..forgot that Beyond the Fringe was out on videotape (Beta only!) back in the 80s. Never owned a Betamax, didn't think it was worth renting one just to dub one tape.

dl

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
An excerpt from "Pete and Dud" is avaliable on the "Legends of British Comedy" DVD,there is also a PAL tape called "Pete and Dud:Laughing Stock",which I am not aware of the contents of.

Roger Kulp

Mike Richter <mrichter@xxxxxxx> wrote: Matt Sohn wrote:
One thing you'll never find on DVD or any other format is Pete & Dud. Other surprising goodies have shown up, like At Last The 1948 Show, but Dudley Moore told me in an interview that the Beeb, in its infinite idiocy, had erased all the "Not Only But Also" tapes. The salvaged soundtrack excerpts issued on Decca/London LPs is all that exists, as far as I know.

There is, however, a DVD of the "1964 gala farewell performance" of "Beyond the Fringe" featuring Pete & Dud as well as Jonathan Miller and Alan Bennett.

It seems unlikely that the Goons' "Down among the X Men" will ever make it to DVD. On which topic, are there other shorts than the Muckinese Battle Horn? I've a decent tape of that and want more!

Mike