Re: [ARSCLIST] Multi format DVD/CD/SACD, etc Player

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcos Sueiro" <mls2137@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> A quick survey of these brands yielded no results if one is looking for
> a universal player that will play a DVD full of MP3s; also, I believe
> they are not able to show DVDs full of JPEGs. It looks like the
> DVD-anythings must be formatted as DVD video (or DiVX). I am sure there
> must be a strong reason for this, since it sure would be convenient. An
> expensive workaround may be to buy a Mac Mini and hook it up to the TV.
> Or, the way of the future will probably be card readers.

Wouldn't the internal DVD drives built into present-day computers be
able to access data files of any sort stored on data DVD's "burnt"
by the same or other such drives? If so, a DVD full of .mp3 files
could be treated as a (large) bunch of data...and opened and played
by whatever program is associated with the .mp3 file extension, just
as the same can be done with data CD-R's...?

After all, your CD-R drive can tell the difference between music CD's
and data CD's (IIRC, there is some digital data on the former that
identifies them).