Re: [ARSCLIST] Multi format DVD/CD/SACD, etc Player

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard L. Hess" <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> My kids use cheap DVD players as CD players but they lack the
> displays and really need a TV which is not going to happen in the
> kids' rooms for a while.

Well, standard (c. 21") TV's are now <$100Cdn NEW...and the discount
outfits sell "refurbished" ones for $49.95. As well, thrift stores
(and yard sales when/if it thaws) have MUCH lower prices! As LCD sets
render CRT sets obsolete, prices will drop...in fact, I'm thinking
about picking up one of the new "everything" players with NTSC output
to increase the life of my $5 Sony set, which will be rendered obsolete
by digital and/or HDTV...