Re: [ARSCLIST] Digitizing libraries (more complete...)

"Steven C. Barr(x)" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    >This, in turn, asks another question..."What is the basic function >of library?"

  As things change so very quickly, that is indeed a very good question. By an odd coincidence, yesterday I offered to teach a graduate seminar, "What is a library?"

>However, all libraries share one basic function...to provide >whatever information is desired (or is most likely to be desired)
  >by its users.

  If we think of libraries as "brick and mortar,"  libraries are more about history than current information.

  Karl