To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Clarifying the MAM-A gold comment

I make a choice: 2-3 CDs and/or DVDs plus access copies OR a place in the file system and 1-2 CDs for access. More things are staying in the file system these days. It's at 1250 GB triple redundant and one 250G volume is personal and demo media -- and it's about full. DigiPix are a separate (not full) 250G volume. Client hold stuff is a third, work in process is a 4th, and all the other stuff is a fifth. I do not hold most client files more than 3 months after delivery.

I have some projects that will necessitate expansion.

For private and some institutional clients I do CDs. I'm also doing downloads for some of my clients for smaller jobs and one DVD set to institutional clients when the job size is small enough not to warrant a hard drive.

I encourage clients to make backups and keep the gold media I send them pristine.

Cheers,

Richard