Re: [ARSCLIST] Clarifying the MAM-A gold comment

Tom Fine wrote:
I am actually somewhat surprised that there isn't a large enough medical and mil-spec market for high-quality data storage that a manufacturer would have enough critical mass right there. Tack on archvies/institutions and the music "business" (in quotes because it is quickly becoming the opposite of a business model if business model = profitable and long-term) and it seems there's room for a quality niche. Why not?

-- Tom Fine

I think it much more likely that such a market would exist if it found common ground. I don't know whether there is or could be a defense-related market though I spent decades in the field, but the common interests of archivists and medical recordists seem not to have been exploited. In all our rambling (okay, *my* rambling and others' focussed efforts), no one seems to have popped up to say he's tested or used medical media.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/