Re: [ARSCLIST] Britain: Gowers Report on Intellectual Property

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Olhsson" <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Didn't the ownership of a lot of masters revert back to artists and their
estates a few years back? That's certainly one reason the Digital Media
Association would like to see most old recordings go into the public domain.

Generally, this depends on whether or not the artists had good lawyers!

However. I think in some cases (I know this happened when the 78rpm Majestic
label died) artists have been able to take control of their recordings when the
label they were issued on went defunct...