Re: [ARSCLIST] The ways CD's and DVD's can fail.

Christie Peterson wrote:
Mike Richter wrote:

Poorly recorded discs are vastly more sensitive to failure over time than those recorded with low error rate. In an attempt

Hi, Mike.

What do you consider to be low (or acceptable) C1 and C2 error rates? I've been running CDSpeed on my discs, which appears to give a quality score of "0" if there are any C2 errors at all.

Others, please feel free to chime in as well.

I demand zero errors for C2. C1 is more a 'feel' at this point; I've not determined what rates for peak and average mean what when they are as low as they seem always to be when C2 is zero.

I note that my current supply of Mitsui silver has about 30% lower C1 errors than my current T-Y discs, so believe them to be 'better', but I cannot say by how much or even whether that's significant. When I send out masters for duplication or replication, I send one of each. Eventually, one of the duplicators or replicators will find one that's faulty - and will have the different master to use. So far, none has.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/