Re: [ARSCLIST] History Detectives

This begs a question.When were radio commercials/station IDs first recorded on record ? The date on this is 1931.Somewhere in storage,I have a 12" 78 acetate/lacquer,of station ID spots for KTAR,Phoenix.This dates from 1937,and has professionally printed labels with the call letters on it.I also have a 78,pressed by Columbia,during the "Viva-Tonal" era,with a 2-3 minute spot,for Kellogg Furniture.This has the usual Columbia writing at the bottom of the label,but no Columbia logo anywhere.

                                 Roger Kulp

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Even if it's from the live era, virtually no airchecks were being done
in those days except when the sponsor or agency needed one or someone
was well-heeled enough to own one of the early home recording devices. A
bunch of pre-grooved Victor Home Recording discs found in Vancouver some
years ago yielded up at least one previously unknown Amos 'n' Andy show
from 1933.

I passed the message along to Liz McLeod earlier today. If anyone will
know about this broadcast, she'll be the one.

dl