Re: [ARSCLIST] Gargantuan, free classical 78s collection.

Ours is a broad based music collection. We have mostly classical music
(major US and European labels), We also have all kinds of world, jazz,
mid-twentieth century US pop, and rock. We specialize in recordings of harp
and viola music. I would love to grow the diversity of the collection in all
categories of music. We are not as interested in non-musical recordings.

The collection is accessible to the public here in the library. We have only
recently begun to catalog the collections, but our library administration
has set a goal to have it all cataloged within 5 years. Unfortunately, we
have to rely heavily on student help for the cataloging, but there is lots
of good copy for most of the LPs.

We also have a very nice preservation lab including a full Cambridge CEDAR
system.

David

> From: Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:07:28 -0500
> To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Gargantuan, free classical 78s collection.
>
> Hi David:
>
> What types of music or content do you specialize in? Is yours a
> public-accessible collection?
>
> -- Tom Fine

>>> items. However I am already contemplating the disposal aspect of the records
>>> I