From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave Nolan
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 3:01 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Dolby S/N Stretcher

A quick Google search reveals that the term "Dolby S/N Stretcher" was how
Dolby A was sometimes referred to...

Not sure how that would account for your LP claiming to "boast of" this
process, except that it was probably used in the recording process.

And if one channel was undecoded Dolby A, it would be rather obviously
harsh and nasty-sounding as if someone had fallen on your graphic EQ, not
really lower in volume AFAIK...

dave nolan
92nd St. Y
nyc

>Vox LPs of this vintage boast something called a "Dolby S/N Stretcher."
I'm assuming that the S/N stands for "Signal to Noise." Does anyone here
know something about this device, how Vox may have used it, and where it
was used in the chain?