Re: [ARSCLIST] National Recorded Sound Preservation Study

David Lennick wrote:

More to the point, and this is something I was going to mention but I got
sidetracked, the "big companies" are all over the world so there's no reason a
compilation of Bea Wain's Victors couldn't be in print only in Japan (which in
fact it is) and we'd never know about it unless we did a lot of research.

... and we might not be able to buy it regardless of price. Dreamlife, a Japanese firm, has in the past sold their opera videos through the Internet and a brick-and-mortar outlet in San Francisco. Now, those titles can be purchased only with a Japanese account from their shop in Tokyo or from their WWW site which is effectively in Japanese only.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/