Re: [ARSCLIST] [78-l] Riverside Records - Folklore Series

Peter,
 Many Thanks!
Best wishes, Thomas.

Peter Fraissinet wrote:

Thomas,
Here's some pertinent info for you:

Riverside RLP 12-613 [ca. 1956]
Patrick Galvin  Irish Street Songs
Edited by Kenneth S. Goldstein./ Program notes by Patrick Galvin on
container./ Participants: Sung by Patrick Galvin, accompanied by Al
Jeffrey, banjo and guitar.
Tracks: Courting in the kitchen -- The Lowlands of Holland -- The Limerick
Rake -- The Dublin murder ballad -- Donnelly and Cooper -- The Old Orange
flute -- Van Diemen's land -- Whiskey in the jar -- The Rocks of Baun --
The Hackler from Grouse Hall -- Boston City -- The Enniskillen dragoon --
Johnny I hardly knew ye -- Young Molly Ban

Riverside RLP 12-633
Jeannie Robertson  Songs of a Scots Tinker Lady
Tracks:  The Broken token--When I was noo but sweet sixteen--The Butcher
boy--Brennan on the moor--Go way from my window--Lord Lovat--The
Overgate--The Four Marys--The Gypsy laddies--The Bonnie wee lassie who
never said no--MacCrimmon's lament--What a voice

Riverside RLP 12-651 [ca. 1959] Lee Charles  Swing Low, Sweet Chariot and Other Spirituals I don't have a track listing, but this is reviewed in Journal of American Folklore v.72:88-90 (1959).

Peter Fraissinet
West Danby, NY