Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: Joseph Wilfred Fletcher

Hello John,

One correction in the info below. I think the radio station was KHJ, not KJH. I grew up in the L.A. area, so I'm pretty sure it was the prior identification.

Rod Stephens

John Ross wrote:

A friend has sent me this query. Anybody have any information about Joseph Fletcher or his recordings?

John Ross

Joseph Wilfred Fletcher was the grandfather of a former co-worker of mine.
He was a tenor who had at least a radio career as a singer, between about
1920 and 1935. He sang for two stations in LA, KFI and KJH) and made a
couple of records.

My former colleague is looking for more information about him and also for
copies of the records. (I don't know if what the family had consisted of
shellack 78s or acetates or air-checks or what.)

I've suggested Grove Opera, dictionaries of musical biography published
before 1940, and the searchable news databases. I suspect there are people
out there who are experts in music on radio in that period, and that those
people would make good resources at least for pointers.

Any ideas you have would be appreciated.

Thank you -

- Lisa
Lisa Hirsch
sunbear@xxxxxxxx