Re: [ARSCLIST] Copyright and the LOC - was "Incompetence..."

James L Wolf wrote:
Once again, I don't speak in any way for the Library. But having worked here 12 years, I've gained some understanding of the different forces in regards to copyright.

Thank you for a clear exposition. Let me add that many would perceive a conflict of interest - real or otherwise - if the LoC took a position on copyright terms. That would not preclude testimony on the implications of the law for that institution, but would be awkward if not impolitic if it went further as an official position.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/